Wednesday, April 1, 2015

ARMY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR RECEIVES FT. JACKSON LIASION OF THE MONTH


Written by Christina L. Myers
Columbia Recruiting Battalion           


Sgt. 1st Class Tyrell Osborne, an Army guidance counselor for the Columbia Recruiting Battalion, was named recently as Ft. Jackson Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) Army Liaison of the Month.
            Osborne’s military journey started with the Alabama National Guard.  With his military roots, he knew he was destined to be a serviceman.  “I had always known I was going to do something with the military because I’m third generation,” Osborne said.   “My grandpa was in the Navy, my dad was in the Army during Vietnam and I have all kinds of aunts and uncles that have served.”
            Osborne learned of the honor via email from the MEPS Commander.  He did not know he was up for the running prior to being selected, but was humbled to know others recognized how serious he takes his job. “It’s fulfilling to actually get recognition,” Osborne said.  “I remember what its like to be a recruiter on the ground trying to find qualified young men and women for the Army.  I try to provide a quality product to the field in a timely manner.”  Columbia Battalion co-worker Sgt. 1st Class Charles Warner, who works with Osborne daily, knows this is true. “As an Operations NCO, I turn to Osborne as someone I can go to when I need help from MEPS,” he said.  “He’s a true team player and dedicated unlike anyone I’ve ever seen.”
            Osborne, who has served in the Army for 18 years, is not shy about expressing is love for his job and said he is absolutely driven to help people. “Every day I get to come into work and help people realize their dreams,” Osborne said.  “I also get to give back to the Army for giving me the quality of living it’s enabled me to have.”
Osborne’s passion for the Army is evident by the words inscribed on his email signature, the NCO Creed. “I know my Soldiers and will always place their need above my own.  I will communicate consistently with my Soldiers and never leave them uninformed.”
            When Osborne is not on the job, he enjoys spending time with his wife, four kids, studying for his Bachelors in Psychology and occasionally playing one of his favorite video games, Call of Duty.
            Congratulations Sgt. 1st Class Tyrell Osborne, Ft. Jackson MEPS Army Liaison of the Month.

Let’s get to know Sgt. 1st Class Osborne in a game called,
GET TO KNOW YOUR NCO

Football or Basketball?  Football, Steelers
Coffee or Tea?  Coffee
Pie or Cake?  Pie
Dogs or Cats?  Cats
USC or Clemson?  Neither, Roll Tide

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are the Army Recruiting Battalion in Columbia, SC. We cover Military and Community events and news around SC and parts of NC and GA. Check our blog for interesting stories and photos!