Friday, May 31, 2013

Why I joined the Army

William Beam, 20 year old from Rutherfordton, N.C. will be an Armor Cavalry Scout
Why I joined the Army?
“I have always had interest in serving my country although never seriously considered it until my forth semester at NC State. I needed a change in my life and the Army fit that change. The Army was a way to build myself up as a person as well as a having a strong purpose. Growing up I always found my purpose in sports and other organizations. Once college started I felt a loss in my sense of purpose, which was difficult to deal with. Finally I made my decision at 20 years old to join the United States Army.”
What I hope to get from the Army?
“I plan to make a career in the Army that along the way establishes core values that last a lifetime and impact others. I also look forward to new bonds of brotherhood with my fellow Soldiers. Overall I hope to achieve a career that fulfills my purpose as a person while aiding the greater good.”
What can I bring to the Army?
“I bring a young articulate man that has a strong sense of loyalty and aspires to lead. I am a naturally dedicated leader that has good teamwork skills to be molded into a premier Army Soldier. I hope to only make the Army stronger. I am Army Strong!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are the Army Recruiting Battalion in Columbia, SC. We cover Military and Community events and news around SC and parts of NC and GA. Check our blog for interesting stories and photos!